Advantages of Investment Casting
- Many Intricate forms with undercuts can be cast.
- A very smooth surface is obtained with no parting line.
- Dimensional accuracy is good.
- Certain unmachinable parts can be cast to preplanned shape.
- It may be used to replace die-casting where short runs are involved.
- Near-net-shape configurations, offering designers and engineers freedom of design in a wide range of alloys.
- Costly machining operations are reduced
- Several parts can be made as one casting, reducing handling, assembly and inspection costs.
- Splines, holes, bosses, lettering, serrations and even some threads can be cast.